Process Manufacturing Engineer
AIT is currently seeking a Process Manufacturing Engineer to provide support at our Chesterfield, MI, location.
Summary of primary duties and responsibilities:
- Maintaining the efficiency and effectiveness of all production related manufacturing equipment and processes required to manufacture a high quality product in a repeatable and cost effective manner.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Analyzes system requirements, capacity, cost and customer needs to determine feasibility of a project and development plan.
- Exhibits knowledge in the area of affordability, continuous improvement, process improvement and root cause corrective action.
- Actively participates as a member of a cross functional IPT team.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors, and soliciting observations from operators.
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs, reviewing production schedules, estimating future requirements.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished-product and process capabilities, establish standards, confirming manufacturing processes.
- Lead and participate in Production readiness assessments
- Evaluate Engineering packages to develop manufacturing plan, work instructions and manufacturing bills of materials.
- Review estimate and budgeted hours, then develop work breakdown structure and apply standard hours to discreet work centers.
- Supports development of production schedule.
- Participate in First Articles on shop floor to validate work instructions, bills of material and process specifications.
- Enhances facilities and workplace design.
- Leading and teaching lean business tools and implementation
- 6S, value stream mapping, root cause corrective action, etc., …
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years in the aerospace industry and/or combination of relevant work experience to successfully meet the key criteria of the position.
- Thorough understanding and broad application of technical standards, principles, theories, and techniques related to tool manufacturing.
- Ability to provide technical solutions to a range of challenging problems with creative, practical solutions that are consistent with organizational objectives.
- Capable of working under minimal or no supervision and presents work upon completion for review of technical judgment and overall adequacy.
- Understands the impact of their work generally results in crucial program delays and wasted resources.
- Works with both internal and external contacts, and often represent the organization in developing solutions to complex technical issues.
- Candidate must be able to work and lead in a fast paced manufacturing environment, continually seeking solutions to productions issues and improving overall efficiency of the shop floor.
- Candidate must be “Hands on type person, who also has the ability to teach"
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunity. Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.