Mechanical Automation Engineer
AIT is a manufacturing firm specializing in aerospace factory automation, including the design, fabrication, installation and maintenance of turnkey aircraft assembly automation systems, and has an immediate need for Mechanical Automation Engineer at our Bothell, WA, location. As an integral part of the AIT team, the successful candidate will be an active participant in the design, procurement, fabrication, assembly, integration, start-up, and commissioning of very large scale automated aerospace assembly systems. The Mechanical Automation Engineer will take a lead role while working with other engineers to develop tooling concepts and designs.
Applicant’s experience should include the following:
- 5+ years’ experience in one or more of the following: Heavy Machine Design, Aerospace Tooling Assembly Systems and Automation.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Design aircraft assembly automation tools and equipment.
- Design aircraft tooling.
- Define, organize, and prioritize project goals.
- Provide leadership to meet design schedules.
- Prior work experience with a track record of successfully completed machine design projects.
- Solid background in manufacturing and machine shop capabilities.
- Demonstrate a high degree of responsibility and motivation.
- Work with the marketing group for new design considerations.
- Provide support for new product introduction to manufacturing.
- Occasional domestic or foreign travel to customer sites may be required.
- CAD Software Skills:
- CATIA V5 or Solidworks
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software (Ansys is preferred)
- Microsoft Office
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship or valid Permanent Resident status is required.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player who enjoys working independently. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunity. Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.