Class A Jig Builder
AIT is a manufacturing firm specializing in aerospace factory automation, including the design, fabrication, installation and maintenance of turnkey aircraft assembly automation systems, and has an immediate need for Class A Jig Builders.
The Class A Jig Builders are responsible for the assembly of a large variety of different types of tools with the use of Laser Trackers, Conventional Optics (transits & levels), height gages and other required hand tools. Ensure tools function appropriately with complex angles or contours. Capable of leading the fabrication of a large assembly fixture by coordinating the sequence of build along with scheduling work to be performed from tool design drawings or models. Designs and creates jig and fixture details and holding devices. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Proficient in Laser trackers to include Leica, API or Faro desired.
- Proficient in laser tracker software, spatial analyzer and Verisurf.
- Proficiency with computers is key and knowledge of Catia V5 or other solid modeling programs, as well as experience with measurement software packages.
- Positions, fits, or align parts on workbench, floor, or machine, following blueprints, diagrams, guides, holes, reference marks, or work orders.
- Must be able to move from project to project with minimal supervision.
- High school diploma and/or certification in the field.
Experience & General Characteristics:
- Knowledge and experience in tooling manufacturing processes and techniques.
- 5 years of experience.
- Experience with processing charts, work orders, blueprints, or other specifications to determine assembly sequence, machine and tooling requirements, measurements, and tolerances.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player who enjoys working independently. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunity. Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.